Kaan Göktaş Won the Environmental Sustainability Leadership Award in 2021
In 2021, the Environmental Sustainability Leadership Award was won by Kaan Göktaş, a second-year student at the Aircraft Mechanic-Engine Maintenance Department at the School of Applied Sciences at Cappadocia University.
Kaan Göktaş, who is also the president of the Cappadocia University Young TEMA community, carried out many activities focused on environmental sustainability during his education, which made him eligible for the award. These activities include:
- Organizing trainings titled “The Importance of Water”, “Zero Waste Project”, “If There Are Bees, There Is a Future” for Cappadocia University students
- Afforestation in Ürgüp by Cappadocia University Young TEMA community: “11 November, 11 Million Saplings” Project
- As Young TEMA, organizing TEMA projects such as “If There Are Bees, There Is a Future” and “Tree Fellowship” which include trainings in primary and secondary schools in Nevşehir and Ürgüp.
- Organizing an awareness-raising interview titled “Cyanide Gold Mining” with Kübra Çimen, Deputy Head of Environmental Policies and International Relations Department of TEMA Foundation at Cappadocia University
- “Sapling Challenge” campaign by Cappadocia University Young TEMA community
- Sultan Marshes “Bird Observatory Visit” by Young TEMA of Cappadocia University
- “42. Virtual Istanbul Half Marathon Run” by Cappadocia University Young TEMA community
- Working at the booth of TEMA’s “Know Your Basin and Protect Your Water” project at the Ürgüp Campus of Cappadocia University as the members of Young TEMA
- “Bird Feeder” workshop by Cappadocia University Young TEMA community
- Planting saplings in Cappadocia University Memorial Forest on 8 March International Women’s Day